Thought Directory

Friday, August 6, 2010

What is Good

"What is the real good?"
I asked in musing mood,
"Order," said the court;
"Knowledge," said the school;
"Truth," said the wise man;
"Pleasure," said the fool;
"Love," said the maiden;
"Beauty," said the page;
"Freedom," said the dreamer;
"Home," said the sage;
"Fame," said the soldier;
"Equity," said the seer.
Spake my heart full sadly
"The answer is not here."
Then within my bosom
Softly this I heard:
"Each heart holds the secret,
Kindness is the word."

I have no Yesterdays,
Time took them away;
Tomorrow may not be~~
But I still have Today. 


The question is not what a man can scorn, or disparage, or find fault with, but what he can love, and value, and appreciate.


If you have knowledge, let others light there candles at it.


I didn't find my friends; the good Lord gave them to me.


They might not need me; but they might,
I'll let my head be just in sight; 
A smile as small as mine may be
Precisely their necessity.


Love cannot be forced, love cannot be coaxed and teased.
It comes out of heaven above, unasked and unsought.


The universe is centered on neither the earth nor the sun..
It is centered on God.


I  can more easily see our Lord sweeping the streets of London,
Than issuing edicts from it's cathedral.


If you have built your castles in the air, your work
need not be lost; that is where they should be.
Now put a foundation under them.


I shall grow old, but never lose life's zest,
Because the road's last turn will be the best.


Just a few quotes of wisdom coming to you from your young philosopher.
Duly note: Hump of the Grump part 3 will be coming to you next week.


Your friend, classmate, comrade, or whatever else you wish to call me (within reason),

No comments:

Post a Comment