Thought Directory

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Well, as you all might expect from me, I'm going to once again give a commentary on this week's Torah. Not today though, that's work for Friday. Oh, but that's not all! Friday is a very important day. The day of atonement. Yom Kippur. It's a day where the focus is completely on G-d. A day to truly repent. Is there anyone who is sinless? G-d is, but any below Him are not sinless. And are we incapable of taking one day that he set aside for us to honor Him, to repent, to better ourselves? No, we are not. We are very capable indeed. Yom Kippur is a day of fasting. Fasting brings us closer to the L-rd. For those of you who need to know more about true and false fasting, I recommend reading this week's Torah. It is only two parts long- the Torah and the Haf-Torah. The scriptures to read are as follows: Leviticus 16; Isaiah 57:14- 58:14. Naturally, repentance, honoring G-d, and bettering ourselves should come everyday without fail. But Yom Kippur is especially important. It's like this, "I expect you to do this everyday but if it's not done this certain day I have especially laid out for it to be done on, then it is exceptionally bad." Yes, quite like that indeed. This Friday is a holy, holy day. Therefore I challenge everyone who reads this to take Friday to sit down, repent, and be with G-d this one day. Yom Kippur is also a day to study G-d's Word. So sit down and read up on the Torah, scriptures, Bible commentaries, Bible-study sections, anything of the sort. Make Friday holy by following G-d's Word. And remember to fast from 6:00 Thursday evening to 6:00 Friday evening. Be ready for a new commentary (I'm love giving Torah commentaries and I thought it would be special to give one on a holy day as part of my studying and to help people in their studying). Anyways, I'll be off. Thanks for reading.

Your friend, classmate, comrade, or whatever else you wish to call me (such as successful Torah commentator?),

No comments:

Post a Comment