Thought Directory

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Inspiration and Motivation

An update and a little more...

Hey there, classmates(notice the new greeting). I've been gone for a while, and, though I did post a bit, I believe you deserve an explanation. So here goes:

 I have been struck with the very fires of creativity, the foundation of the arts, the fuel of the imaginative fires. I have been inspired. What was this inspiration? Well I read a book. A really good book. Multiple really good books, actually. I've read so many, in fact, that I found myself wondering if I could write one myself. Boy, could I (or that's what they tell me). If I'm at all being obscure with this statement then allow me to put it plainly:
I'm writing a novel.  

It's called "The Book of Ages", and it's in the fantasy genre (one genre I find the most interesting). It, of course, will never compete with Tolkien, or C.S. Lewis, but that's not really what I'm going for... or is it? Never curse a little ambition..

Along with my own inspiration, another person who has been struck with such is a woman I like to call my Mom. Not only has inspiration struck, but she also has the Motivation to justify her inspiration. My mom, being the amazing person that she is, has started a new blog. It's called Marvelous Motivations, and she needs some followers to help her restart. I trust you guys can help with that.

Now a little remark about books. Books are amazing databases for knowledge. And when it comes to fantasy novels, they're like an old friend that you get to see often, and then after staying a short while(or for me, long while) must say your goodbyes.
On that note, classmates, I must also bid you farewell.
You take care, and while taking care, leave what inspires you most in the comment section below.


    


Your philosophical guy, correctly named philoshophi-guy,


P.S. I recommend the Dragonlance series.

No comments:

Post a Comment