Thought Directory

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Matter of Great Indifference

Literally...


Hey there, classmates.
I have a problem recently. It's called carelessness.
Yep, that "disease" that gets people called "clutz" and "clumsy".
Well, honestly, not so much disease as habit.

Today I looked back on the few weeks before this one (I'm doing much better this week) and realized how little care I had for anything I was doing. Not that  didn't do a good job with the things I did, I simply told myself "get through it and it's over". That's what I did, and before I knew it, it was all over. Now this is not the worst thing in the world, being that I got done quickly and efficiently. But what truly made me feel sick was the fact that I seemed to only float through the week, I didn't enjoy much of what I did (much), and I didn't enjoy the work I normally do. Which isn't good.

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing."  - Dale Carnegie 

That pretty much sums my troubles up. I'm at a time in my life where I NEED to succeed with what I'm doing, and what I'll do in the future. So, I guess I should remind myself to have fun with whatever I'm doing. Besides it'll feel a lot less like work, or, rather, negate the working fact completely.
 "I never did a day's work in my life. It was all fun." - Thomas Edison

So there you have it.  If you can't take it from me, take it from them. And once you do, leave what you have fun with (work or not) in the comment section below. And also check out my newest blog and give me some feedback. The link is right beneath my "about me" section.
Thanks for reading


As always, your host,

No comments:

Post a Comment